Safely Ship a Food Truck Across the United States with SAC
Fortunately, you don’t need to make an investment in a food truck based primarily on the location of the vehicle. Ship A Car safely transports and delivers about 100 food trucks and concession trailers each year throughout the United States.
We reached out to the company to learn more about the process of shipping a food truck, the costs, and other considerations for transporting a food unit. Learn more about the process below.
The Food Truck Shipping Process
Shipping a food truck involves the following. First, you will speak with a shipping specialists that will collect all the pertinent information about your food truck or trailer.
Every transport is different and everyone has different scenarios and requirements:
- Determining the type of trailer you need to transport. Can either be a Hotshot Trailer, Step Deck Trailer with Ramps and in some cases for larger vehicles, an RGN trailer.
- Determine the most convenient time/date to make the vehicle available for the driver to pick up
- Exchange contact details with the driver so a line of communication is started to coordinate the pick up
- Driver will do a full inspection of the exterior and mark off any scratches or dents and leave a copy of the inspection report with the origin.
- Driver will give an ETA for the delivery and stay in contact through the journey
- Driver will deliver and again do an inspection once he off loads the food truck to make sure it arrived in the same condition that it left.
Do You Have Tips for Shipping a Concession Unit?
- Properly seal ANY loose vehicle wrapping, advertisement and outside vinyl taping.
- Properly secure all loose items in the vehicle including kitchen ware, oven ware,
- Release all gas from cooking tanks and oven as well as unplug/secure all inside electrical ports and outlets.
Before you ship a vehicle, the best thing to clean is the outside of the unit in order for the driver to perform and proper inspection report both on pickup and delivery.
How much does it cost to ship across the country on average?
Prices are based on the type of trailer used to transport the food truck as well as the size of the truck, and the distance being transported. Prices can range anywhere between $1 to $2 per mile depending factors that include
- Time of year
- Location of pickup/deliver (city vs. outskirts)
- Length X Width X Height X Weight
Transport all Sized Food Trucks with Quality Service
No matter what the size, shape, weight, distance, or how expensive your food truck may be, SAC is your official food truck transportation company. We shipped all food trucks, including food trailers, food carts, and other types of food trucks. We offer responsible, dependable, and most trustworthy food truck transportation services with excellent prices. If in need of transporting a food truck, all you need is to call us on (866) 821-4555 and you will get transportation services with a difference.
Reason to Trust SAC to Ship Your Food Truck
The security of your food truck is very vital, and you need a hauling company that can assure that your vehicle is safe up to the time it is delivered. At SAC, the safety of all equipment we transport is our priority. We have all the requirements, licenses, and permits for transportation of all loads. We are licensed, insured, and bonded for shipping across the United States and other counties. Additionally, We acquire all the states and county permits required for transportation of all kinds of food trucks, obtain the proper paperwork that is needed, and use specialized drivers for shipping your food trucks.
You’ve made a significant investment in your food truck, so it makes sense that you should hire a reputable transporter. SAC It has extensive experience in shipping and logistics for the food trucks. We have a network of the best shippers in the United States, and our carriers are fully vetted and DOT compliant. Shipments are insured. You can also avail of additional insurance for the particularly expensive food trucks. Don’t leave your investment in the hands of anyone but SAC is the best food truck shippers in the United States. Our service is one of the most trusted in the nation. Please contact us at 866-821-4555 for more information.
- How Coronavirus is Affecting the Auto Transport Industry For Carriers
Our country is facing difficult times but you still need to transport your vehicle to another state. Don’t freak out, give an experienced Ship A Car, Inc. transport coordinator a call right now at 866-821-4555 for more information on how we will ensure the safety and security of both you and your vehicle during this ‘new normal’ times we are all living through in 2020 in the age of Covid.
- Golf Cart Transportation
Many people use or own golf carts but don’t golf. It’s true: the golf cart manufacturing industry grew by 3.1 percent in 2018, reaching revenue of $1 billion. And not all those carts were sold to golfers. Not by a long shot: they were sold to hotels, resorts (for in-resort transportation), colleges/universities, estate owners and managers, and – perhaps especially to the great benefit of those who live there – in active retirement living communities.
- Everything That Can Go Wrong When You/Someone Drives Your Car across Country
When was the last time you let a stranger drive your car? It’s probably been awhile, if ever. And when you did let someone unfamiliar behind the wheel, it was probably a valet, mechanic, or auto detailer – someone who drove it very briefly. Most people are very protective of what they drive – whether it’s a make and model they love or just something they spent a lot of money on – and hand over the keys only when there’s no other option.
- Automobile Shipping Prices: Are Cheaper Shipping Prices Really a Better Option When it Comes to Shipping your Vehicle?
Remember when you are booking a car shipping company that price is just one of many factors that should go into your decision. The cheapest prices don’t necessarily mean you are getting the best deal. Some things are worth the extra dollar.