Shipping big and cumbersome objects such as large poles is daunting. Whether you are a business owner looking to transport flagpoles or a homeowner shipping a sports equipment pole, it is crucial to understand the proper techniques to ensure a safe and efficient journey. Whether you’re transporting a flag pole, telephone pole, aluminum pole, or any other type, adequate handling and packaging are crucial to ensure safe and efficient delivery. This article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on shipping various large poles, including flag poles, telephone poles, aluminum poles, miscellaneous poles and lightning poles, wood poles, street poles, distribution poles, CCTV poles, and utility poles.
So, let’s dive in and unlock the secrets to mastering the art of shipping large poles. Before diving into the shipping process, thorough preparation is essential. Here’s what you need to do:
- Get accurate measurements: start by measuring the dimensions of the pole. That includes the length, diameter, and weight to determine which trailers work for you. These measurements will help you choose the right packaging materials and the most suitable shipping method.
- Look at packaging materials: To ensure proper protection during transit, gather sturdy cardboard tubes or wooden crates. These materials should be strong enough to withstand the weight and size of the pole, minimizing the risk of damage.
- Disassembling: Sometimes, it might be easy for the pole to be disassembled; therefore, be careful while taking it apart. Ensuring you keep track of all components. Be sure to label each part and take photographs to facilitate reassembly at the destination to avoid accidents.
Following the proper packaging is crucial to safeguard the pole throughout its shipping journey. There are ways to keep:
- Padding and Cushioning: Start by placing a layer of protective padding, such as bubble wrap or foam, inside the packaging material. It creates a cushioning barrier to absorb shocks, minimizes damage risk, and ensures safe transportation to the next destination.
- Secure the Pole: If possible, wrap the pole with additional layers of bubble wrap or foam to provide an extra layer of protection. Secure these poles with packing straps to ensure they remain in place during transit so that you do not cause accidents or be forced to make a couple of stopovers along the way.
- Support and Reinforcement: It’s crucial to reinforce them for longer poles to prevent bending or breakage. Insert support structures such as wooden dowels or foam blocks inside the packaging to provide added stability and avoid a lot of movement during shipping.
Selecting the appropriate shipping method is vital to ensure the safe transportation of your large pole. There are a few things to consider to ensure you get it right, as indicated below:
- Freight Shipping: Freight shipping is often the best choice for exceptionally long or heavy poles. Before settling for a specific carrier, contact a couple of freight carriers to obtain quotes and compare services to find the most suitable option.
- Specialty Shipping Companies: Not all companies handle oversized and heavy items since some specialize in large poles such as street, distribution, CCTV, and utility poles. Since such companies have experience handling such items, it becomes easy to securely ship those poles to any destination, making such a shipping company the right one for the job.
There is no better way to ensure a smooth shipping process than getting the proper documentation and ensuring the poles are well labeled. Some of the things that should be in the labeling package include:
- The Shipping Labels: It should be a clear label with the sender’s and recipient’s addresses. That includes their contact information, attaching all the required barcodes the shipping company provides, and any other vital documents.
Shipping large poles, such as flags, telephones, aluminum, and other poles, should not be a tough or complicated process. We provide the steps above to ensure you have a guide if this is your first time transporting large bulky poles. These steps ensure that the shipping company gets your poles to your destination without damage. Remember to assess the specific shipping requirements for each type of pole, gather appropriate packaging materials, disassemble and secure the poles, label the packages accurately, and choose a suitable shipping method. With proper planning and attention to detail, and through asking for our help, it will be easy to ship large poles to any location successfully.
Being rejected because of size while trying to send large things for your business or personal requirements can be unpleasant. You shouldn’t worry, though, since many shipping firms will accept your big items at fair prices. One such reputable company that provides reasonably priced shipping services for huge or enormous items is SAC Give us a call at (866) 452-3657 to get started and enjoy hassle-free delivery for your cargo & freight.