As a Tesla Model S owner, you already know the unique benefits of driving an electric vehicle. With its sleek design, advanced technology, and powerful performance, the Model S is a car like no other. However, shipping this model seems daunting when moving it from one location to another. In this case, an auto shipping company experienced in transporting a Tesla Model S would come into play.
Shipping your Model S with a professional means arrives at its destination safely, without damage, and without putting miles on the odometer. These companies make the process smooth and stress-free. Whether you are moving to a new city, selling your vehicle, or need to transport it for maintenance, these steps ensure it gets to its destination safely and securely. Read on to understand how to go about this process below:
Enclosure transport is one of the safest methods to transport your Tesla Model S. It offers a high level of care and protection, which requires ensuring it arrives in the same condition as before shipping. Enclosed shipping methods provide five major benefits that make it the ideal choice for transporting a luxury electric vehicle like the Model S. These include:
- It provides maximum protection from natural elements, such as weather conditions or debris that can damage the car. The Model S is a high-end electric vehicle, often equipped with high-end features such as a sunroof and advanced paint finishes. These features are vulnerable to damage from weather conditions like rain, hail, and strong winds.
- You will be at peace knowing that the company is transporting your vehicle in the most reliable and secure transportation methods, ensuring that your investment is in good hands.
- It increases security thanks to its added security features, such as locks and alarms, to prevent theft or unauthorized access.
- It improves privacy, ensuring that your Tesla Model S is not visible to the public during shipping.
- The method offers an easy handling method since the shipping containers are often designed to be easily transported, handled, and loaded, making the shipping process more efficient.
Luckily, this shipping method offers two options to its users, which are soft and hard-sided.
It is a vehicle transportation service that utilizes a specially designed trailer with a soft fabric exterior to safely and securely transport vehicles. The method mostly works for luxury or high-end cars, such as a Tesla, thus providing full protection against road debris, weather elements, and other hazards. The enclosed space also ensures privacy and security for the vehicle, making it a preferred option for owners of luxury and classic cars.
The transportation method protects a car from any potential damage caused by wind, rain, snow, or other weather conditions. This transport method is suitable for high-end vehicles, classic cars, sports cars, or any other vehicle requiring extra protection during transport. The hard-sided trailer has metal or other durable materials to protect your Tesla Model S from damage during transport.
You should never transport your Tesla Model S with its wheels on the ground. The tires should also be in a position where they cannot spin to avoid overheating. There are a couple of approved methods of transporting a Tesla Model S, including:
- Using a flatbed truck: This is the most recommended method of transporting a Tesla Model S. It ensures the vehicle’s safety and keeps it away from road hazards and weather conditions.
- Tow dolly: A tow dolly can be used to transport the Model S, but it is recommended to use it with caution as it could cause damage to the vehicle.
Tesla’s transport mode refers to the mode of transportation offered by Tesla. It includes electric vehicles such as the Model S, Model X, and Model 3. The transportation method is an environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. Thus, it aims at reducing emissions and promoting sustainability.
Enabling this mode before towing the vehicle keeps it safe during shipping. It disengages your Tesla brakes while putting it on the flatbed truck. The ideal way to use this mode is by first charging your Tesla so that you can see the car’s touchscreen power. You can have this mode on if the car’s battery has power.
Shipping a high-end car such as the Tesla Model S needs careful planning, preparation, and execution. You need to select the right shipping company, determine the best shipping method, prepare the car, and keep track of the shipping process. The best part is shipping your car using the enclosed transportation method. This keeps your mind at peace, knowing that your Tesla is not exposed to weather elements and other natural items that might damage the vehicle. If your targeted shipping company has been in business for a while, you are guaranteed a pleasant and smooth shipping experience.
Are you ready to ship your Tesla or just need some more information; regardless of your reasoning, give the car shipping experts at Ship A Car, Inc. a call at (866) 821-4555 to get the best auto shipping quote to transport your Tesla to and from anywhere in the US.