One crucial factor to note before transporting your car to Tampa is the shipping method you plan to use. You can decide between two main ways of shipping your vehicle: Open and closed shipping.
Let’s break down what each of these methods means and the pros and cons of each.
Open shipping refers to a type of vehicle transport where your car is shipped while directly exposed to open air.
While open shipping can pose challenges if you’re transporting a luxury or vintage vehicle, it tends to be the faster and cheaper option for auto transport. In most scenarios, this will be the ideal shipping method.
In contrast to open shipping, enclosed shipping protects your car from the elements during transit. This extra protection makes enclosed shipping an optimal choice when transporting a more expensive or potentially fragile vehicle.
On the other hand, enclosed shipping often costs significantly more than open shipping and tends to take longer to complete.
An essential step in relocating your car to its new home in Tampa is finding the best shipping company to perform the job.
Which transport company is the right fit for you will vary on a case-by-case basis, but, as a rule, there are a few key factors you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing the shipping business you’d like to transport your vehicle:
- Operational locations. The areas the transport company operates in will determine whether it’s a good option for a trip from Minneapolis to Tampa.
- Available services. Shipping methods, discount packages, and customer service options are essential when comparing shipping companies.
- Pricing. Your budget can impact which transport businesses are in your price range, so getting an estimate on the likely cost of shipping will help you choose the right company.
- Reputation and qualifications. Not all companies will have the same standing in the industry, so ensuring that your chosen business has the proper capabilities and customer support is crucial.
Once you’ve decided on a shipping method and company, your next step is ensuring your car is in proper condition for relocation.
Here are a few main points to check before shipping your car to Tampa:
- Verify the pricing quote. To ensure you don’t go over your budget, it’s a good idea to double-check the quote your shipping company gives you.
- Know when the transport company will pick up your car. Learning when your vehicle will begin its journey will spare you from any sudden surprises.
- Use an online tracking service, if available. Many shipping companies offer a tracking feature that will let you keep an eye on your vehicle’s progress in real-time.
- Plan to be at the dropoff location. Preparing to pick up your car once it reaches Tampa physically will prevent any unexpected problems.
Before you ship your car, you’ll probably want to know the transport price and roughly how long it will take for the vehicle to reach its destination.
Both the shipping cost and the timeline for transport depend on several factors. However, you can use some general guidelines to get a rough picture of how much you’ll be spending and how long the transportation process will likely take.
As a rule, shipping your car from Minneapolis to Tampa costs between $1200 and $2500.
The exact cost of shipping depends on variables such as your chosen shipping method, the specific transport company, and the time of year. You can always use an online calculator to get a more accurate estimate before you request a direct quote.
Similar to the shipping cost, the time it will take for your car to reach Tampa can vary based on factors like shipping method, seasonal traffic, and shipping company. It generally takes 5 to 7 days to ship a car from Minneapolis to Tampa.
Relocating your car from Minneapolis to its new Tampa home comes with complications. But, as long as you prepare for steps like picking a shipping method, opting for a reputable transport company, and planning the shipping process, you’ll be in good shape.
For more information and resources on auto transport, browse through Ship a Car’s website and look for additional helpful tips and guides!