Everything You Need to Know about Roll-on/Roll-off Car Shipping to and from Hawaii
The existence of vehicles has brought a huge change to humanity. Even though it is on the high side in terms of expenses and tax, almost every home has at least one vehicle to itself. During relocation or vacations, vehicles are used to move from one location to another for the convenience of their users.
The Beautiful View – Hawaii
One of the unique places in the United States is Hawaii. It is located in the pacific ocean in the western part of the United States. In addition to its distinctive and fascinating culture, Hawaii has beautiful scenery and offers various activities. Several people come in and out for different reasons like relocation purposes, work and tourism. People need their vehicles for movement, hence shipping their cars to their present location is key.
Roll-on and Roll-off Shipping/Transport
Roll-on and roll-off shipping, also known as “RORO” shipping, is a process that involves the transport of vehicles, e.g., cars, trucks, trailers, buses, vans, motorcycles, etc., from one country to another. This means that vehicles are simply driven on at the port of departure (‘Rolled on’) and driven off on arrival at the destination (‘Rolled off’).
These roll-on and roll-off ships are built to take in hundreds and sometimes thousands of vehicles. They contain built-in ramps that help easy movement, i.e., loading and unloading cargoes into and out of the ship.
Car manufacturers prefer this method for shipping their cars. This is because they can transport their car in bulk to different locations worldwide. Examples of such manufacturers include Mercedes, Audi, BMV, etc.
The benefits of using a reputable shipping company are innumerable. Some of which are
- Protects your vehicle from damage: Your car will arrive in safe conditions.
- Saves cost from burning fuel.
- Saves you time and reduces your stress: Taking your car by yourself across the country may take days and sometimes weeks, which is a lot of time that would have been saved if a car shipping company had been contacted initially.
- Prevent long drives and less mileage on your vehicle: This is essentially saying that driving across the country with the vehicle may put extra strain on the car, especially the tires and other mechanical parts.
- Safety: Driving long distances via road with other drivers on the road may be dangerous and unforeseen accidents. This is because not many drivers are used to long-distance driving over a long period; hence this may be risky for you and your car.
Process for Roll-on and Roll-off of a Car From the West Coast
Loading different vehicles through the RORO shipping methods requires careful and detailed planning as different types of vehicles are conveyed to their various destinations. Here is the basic process flow on how vehicles are shipped to different countries.
- Automobiles are loaded through ramps and are secured on car decks with anti-skid coatings with points in all directions.
- Every vehicle will have a unique number pasted on the windshield that will be tallied while loading.
- A proper signaller will be present to monitor the traffic inside the RORO vessels for safe loading and unloading operations.
- All cars will be tightly packed alongside one another, and complicated vehicles such as trailers and payloaders are packed at the stern ramp deck to unload them easily.
- Each vehicle loaded into the cargo is lashed correctly one after the other to prevent cars from bumping into themselves during transit.
Cost of Shipping
Certain factors determine the cost of shipping vehicles to and from Hawaii. The ultimate cost of shipping will depend on these factors. They include
1. The weight of the vehicle
The size and weight of your vehicle will determine the cost of shipment. The heavier the car, the more the cost. If the car weighs heavier than the stipulated size, it attracts an extra fee.
2. The season of the year
There are certain seasons when shipping vehicles tend to be high. The summer and winter season is a good example. These seasoned people take more vacations to other places and may need their cars to be transported to those locations. Shipping is at its peak and will cost more than when demand is less.
3. Type of carriers
To a destination like Hawaii, located in the middle of the pacific, the roll-on and roll-off shipping option is the best type to convey vehicles to and from Hawaii.
Do you have a vehicle that needs to move to / from Hawaii? Roll-on/Roll-off car shipping is the cheapest and risk-free method to ship your vehicles from one location to another.
Ship a Car Inc. offers the most efficient and convenient ways to ship your vehicles or fleet in and out of Hawaii, as the case may be. We have the best roll-on and roll-off shipping rates. Give us a try today.
What are the Benefits of Using a Broker When You Need to Ship a Motorcycle?
The options available for shipping are diverse. A broker works with a number of different bike shippers who use various methods to ship motorcycles. Brokers are required by the US Department of Transportation to verify the motorcycle transport company they refer their customers to are licensed and insured to transport motorcycles within the state as well as across state lines.
How Coronavirus is Affecting the Auto Transport Industry For Carriers
Our country is facing difficult times but you still need to transport your vehicle to another state. Don’t freak out, give an experienced Ship A Car, Inc. transport coordinator a call right now at 866-821-4555 for more information on how we will ensure the safety and security of both you and your vehicle during this ‘new normal’ times we are all living through in 2020 in the age of Covid.
Top US Cities That Tempt You to Move There
You'll be surprised to learn that there are cities paying people to move there and start a new life. Some cities’ offers are better when compared to the others, but how will you find it out which is the best new city to call home? Click on the link below to read the full blog post.
Best Electric Cars, Motorcycles, etc. in 2022 and Beyond
Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular, with many people interested in their benefits. Electric cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles offer several advantages over gas-powered ones, including lower emissions, reduced noise pollution, and simpler maintenance.