Shipping a car from a storage facility is a complex process. It needs careful planning and coordination to ensure that the vehicle arrives at its destination in good condition. Find a reliable and experienced shipping company if you are moving a classic car or a collectible car from the storage facility to ship to another location. Such a team is experienced in handling the logistics of moving your vehicle from the storage facility to any other location.
Certain factors impact the cost and timing of the shipment, such as the distance between the pickup and delivery locations, the type of vehicle you are shipping, and the shipping method you choose. Choose a shipping company that provides the service and expertise you need to ensure your car gets to its destination safely. Here are things to keep in mind when shipping a car.
Plan and ensure the delivery is scheduled conveniently so you can supervise the loading and unloading process. The delivery time affects car shipping from a storage facility in several ways. Firstly, it determines the availability of carriers. Finding a carrier with available space to transport your vehicle may take longer if the delivery is during the peak shipping season. This can delay the shipping process and increase the cost of shipping.
Secondly, the delivery time can also impact the vehicle’s transit time. During the peak shipping season, carriers may be busier and may have more deliveries to make. It slows down the transit time of the vehicle. If you need your vehicle delivered by a certain date, consider the delivery time when shipping from a storage facility.
Finally, the delivery time affects the cost of shipping. Shipping companies typically charge more for deliveries during the peak shipping season, as they have a higher demand for their services. If you are shipping your vehicle during peak season, be ready to pay more for shipping. The delivery time is essential when shipping your car from a storage facility. It affects the availability of carriers, the vehicle’s transit time, and the shipping cost.
Ask the storage facility and shipping company about their insurance policies and make sure you are fully covered in the event of any damage during transit. Insurance coverage can impact the shipping of a car from a storage facility in several ways. For example, suppose the storage facility requires a minimum amount of insurance coverage for the car during transport. In that case, the shipping company may need additional insurance to meet the requirement. The insurance cost may be added to the total cost of shipping the car.
Additionally, if the car is damaged during shipping, insurance coverage can help cover the repair cost or compensate the owner for the loss.
Clean your vehicle and ensure it is in good working order before shipping. It lets you go through a smooth and safe transport process. Here are ways to prepare your car:
- Clean the car: Thoroughly wash the outside and inside of the vehicle. It allows the carrier to inspect the vehicle for any damage that may have been incurred before shipment.
- Remove all personal things: Take out any items inside the vehicle, including any personal belongings, aftermarket additions, or loose items in the trunk.
- Disable your car’s alarm system: Ensure you turn off the vehicle’s alarm system to prevent it from going off during transport.
- Check fluid levels and disconnect the battery: Verify that the fluid levels are at the proper levels, such as oil, coolant, and fuel. If possible, disconnect the battery to prevent it from draining during transport.
- Look at the tires: Check the tire pressure and ensure the tires are properly inflated.
- Location: Choose a storage facility that is conveniently located near your home or shipping destination.
- Security: Look for a facility with 24/7 surveillance, gated access, and secure locks to ensure the safety of your vehicle.
Most people shipping a classic or luxurious car prefer choosing a storage facility before shipping. Speaking to your preferred auto shipping company representative makes the process easy and can assist in finding the right facility. Here are things to look out for should you need a storage facility before shipping the vehicle:
- Climate Control: When storing a classic or luxury car, consider a climate-controlled facility to protect it from extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Size: Ensure that the storage unit you choose is the right size for your vehicle, leaving enough room to access it easily.
- Price: Compare prices and amenities at different storage facilities to find the best value.
- Insurance: Consider purchasing insurance coverage for your vehicle while in storage to protect it from damage or theft.
- Accessibility: Check the facility’s hours of operation and ask about the process for accessing the car during and after storage.
Shipping your car from a storage facility is viable if you need to move your vehicle to a different location. Several car shipping companies offer this service, so choose one that suits your needs and budget. Overall, shipping your car from a storage facility is a convenient and reliable way to move your vehicle, and it provides peace of mind knowing it is in safe hands.